StepBeyond Solutions Inc - Our client is aggressively seeking a Senior SMT Process Engineer.
The Official Career Partner of EMSinsider, The #1 LinkedIn group for Electronics Manufacturing
StepBeyond Solutions Inc is the leader in Executive Search and Technical Recruiting for Electronics Manufacturers. StepBeyond.com has been the premier online EM recruiting site since 1997.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Will need knowledge of all SMT equipment with experience programming printers, SPI, pick and place, reflow oven and AOI.
- Experience creating and debugging oven reflow profiles. Understanding the temperatures in both Fahrenheit & Celsius.
- Technical understanding of the functions of machinery both mechanically, electrically and software.
- Class 1 – 3 IPC and J-STD training.
- Experience writing pre and post build DFM reports.
- Defect review/root cause analysis with resolution.
- Selective and Wave solder experience which includes programming and technical support.
- Ability to interpret 2D x-ray images as well as 5DX x-ray images. (programming is a plus).
- Knowledge of label creation programming and understanding of bar-codes.
- Experience with Stencil Design using gerbers, CAD and any other design tools.
- Experience with Rework processes. Hot Air, BGA repair, Wash/PCA cleaning and routine solder iron rework.
- AutoCAD or Solid works experience/knowledge.
- Able to interpret assembly and fab drawings and the requirement within.
- Able to work directly with customer’s engineering group to improve designs and enhance processes.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates and/or B.A., B.S., Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field.
- Prior on-the-job experience of at least 5 plus years in same or similar industry.
- Demonstrated positive Customer Service demeanor.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical background with the understanding of circuit card and box build assemblies.