Provide technical support to the production test group. Actively participate in assisting in daily preventive maintenance and performing calibration on production IC test equipment .
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Perform IC handler setup, maintenance and repairs.
- Debug failed setups and repair any malfunctioning equipment.
- Perform calibration and preventive maintenance on a variety of ATE, automatic IC handlers, and thermal conditioning equipment.
- Solder fine pitch leads on delicate PC boards as needed for equipment repair.
- Maintain accurate calibration records and update equipment databases.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the test equipment in order to recommend improvements.
- Confer with engineers, technicians, production personnel and others regarding testing results and to resolve problems.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: Associate degree in Engineering Technology or Electronic Systems Technology (or equivalent) required.
Experience: Two years of hands on mechanical/technical experience preferred.
- Effectively and efficiently utilize Microsoft Office and other computer products and programs.
- Utilize effective communication skills to achieve required results.
- Anticipate and resolve complex, non-routine problems.
- Display a willingness to learn and understand analog and digital circuitry, thermal control systems, and electrical schematics
- Operate a variety of bench equipment including thermal meters, multi-meters, and oscilloscopes.
- Define problems, collect data, draw valid conclusions and drive corrective actions.