|BeaconSearch is working with a industry leader in consumer products just south of the south side of Chicago. The company is known as an employer of choice and where a motivated candidate can grow his/her career. |
We are looking to add to our team a Shift Supervisor for 2nd shift or 3rd shift operations leaders who will be responsible for leading and directing the daily operations of this shift. The ideal candidate will be a motivator and a coach and have the ability to develop a high performance team
Looking for a Shift Supervisor having experience in manufacturing production high speed process environments within large scale manufacturing plant with an emphasis on maximizing productivity while showing continuous improvement in scrap, safety and quality objectives in a team-based environment.
This position must also ensure that the production lines are running efficiently at all times with the correct amount of employees on shift.
The ideal Shift Supervisor candidate will have experience in manufacturing process applications and will be skilled in people development, leadership, training and in improving processes and adhering to manufacturing KPI metrics. Position will report to the Facility Superintendent
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Ensure production lines are running efficiently
- Good experience with lean and continuous improvement processes in order reduce scrap and waste and increasing productivity and promoting safety
- Strong experience in time management, planning and organizing the shift and their team
- Good experience with daily production, efficiency reports and other shift daily reporting requirements
- Good leadership, coach and teacher qualities
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
Must be eligible to work in the US without VISA sponsorship. Not eligible for VA/VN assignment
- BS Degree preferred in Business, Production, Engineering or equivalent combination of education, experience and technical training
- 3+ years experience as a supervisor in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience with and understanding of plant KPI and measurement indicators (scrap, throughout, quality, safety, machine hours – etc)
- Strong experience with the adherence to safety and training policies
- Strong communication and a team player attitude and must possess excellent leadership qualities with a proven track record of leading others
- Open to working 2nd shift or 3 rd shift
- Lean Manufacturing experience ( Six Sigma or Continuous improvement)