StepBeyond Solutions Inc
The Official Career Partner of EMSinsider, The #1 LinkedIn group for Electronics Manufacturing
StepBeyond Solutions Inc is the leader in Executive Search and Technical Recruiting for Electronics Manufacturers. StepBeyond.com has been the premier online EM recruiting site since 1997.
Who do we recruit? Anyone who has a reason to step on the floor of an electronic assembly operation.
Our client is aggressively recruiting an ICT Test Engineer. Contract Manufacturer and/or OEM experience STRONGLY preferred.
This position will be responsible for development of test programs, fixtures and implementation of test methods for the Production Test Department to ensure proper functionality before the product is used. The engineer may be responsible for developing In-circuit test, Flying Probe Test, Boundary Scan Test and/or Functional Test. The engineer will have primary areas of responsibility but will be expected to support all areas as required. The Test Engineer will be responsible for continuous improvement and ensure test operational excellence of all test methods and equipment.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Review Customer Product Drawings and Test Requirements, Specifications, user documentation, help files and other project documentation to supply test as required
- Review customer engineering changes and implement into production test as required
- Support all aspects of the Test required to support the Customer Drawing/Test Requirements per their documentation, defining the test method and providing Production Test support of the Test method.
- Test Engineer will work with Test/QA Analysts and Developers to ensure that all aspects of the system have proper testing coverage including overall system reliability, performance and quality
- Provide testing management for ongoing projects and future initiatives
- The Test Engineer will deliver effective and efficient testing solutions by meeting key project milestones and overall project deliverables on time, and adhering to development and quality standards
- Understand how automation is required for application analysis
- Analyze the testing needs and develop testing strategy and plans
- Review and approve test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures such as database impacts, software scenarios or usability.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance or completeness and/or to mitigate risks
- Ensure application documentation is complete and maintained/updated in a timely fashion
- Adhere to the documented Quality management system
- Provide key support in customer quality and efficiency efforts by working with support teams to improve cycle times and reduce defects
- Participate in technical assignments involving minimizing the manufacturability and maintaining timely product flow for assigned product(s)
- Participate in selecting, implementing, and maintaining efficient test equipment and procedures for assigned product(s)
- Develop and revise test process specifications using failure analysis and effective corrective action processes
- Perform design for testability reviews to verify/improve product introduction
- Interface effectively with other organizations such as suppliers, purchasing, component engineering, and customer service as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering field or related degree with progressive experience in automated test or other job related experience deemed acceptable by the hiring team.
- Minimum of 4 years engineering experience in the EMS or OEM field supporting printed circuit board assembly development and processes are preferred.
- Due to ITAR requirements, US citizenship and security clearance required
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Effective communication skills driven by attention to detail
- Strong DFM and NPI skills
- Excellent analytical skills using Six Sigma and Lean Principles
- Knowledge of quality assurance and control principles and practices.
- Self motivated and self managed